Social Worker (.6 FTE) Adult Education JobID: 15808 Position Type:
Student Support Services/Social WorkerDate Posted:
Kent ISD Adult Education Closing Date:
Kent ISD - website
Additional Information: Show/Hide
VACANCY NOTICEJob Title:Social Worker, .6FTEKent ISD Adult EducationJob Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Social Work.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred. Proficient verbal and written communications in English and Spanish.
- Proven work experience as an employment facilitator serving adults with diverse backgrounds and barriers.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to equity, social justice, and inclusion in all practices and position responsibilities. Demonstrates the ability to examine the impact of education inequities in student achievement outcomes as it aligns with race, ethnicity, and socio-economic status.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer skills using common office software and Internet.
- Knowledge with using as CASAS.
- Proven communication and organizational skills that contribute to a quality work environment as part of a team.
- Ability to motivate participants to obtain their set goals.
- Ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with program staff, students, and community.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a cross-functional team and a collaborative learning centered environment.
- Ability to organize work, handles multiple tasks, and meets timelines in a multi-project environment
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and the ability to be innovative and creative
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and good reasoning skiffs.
- Proven initiative and ability to follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle pressure situations in a professional manner
- Possess mature judgment
- Ability to learn and react quickly, make decision and execute them expeditiously
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.Salary:
- Provide information and opportunities to Adult Learners.
- Organize employment opportunities, which include but are not limited to:
- The development of a customized employment plan for each participant.
- A determination of participant's career guidance and job readiness suitability for the type of training needed.
- Facilitate group work in workshop and small group formats.
- Provide case management services for program participants, including:
- Identify people who need help
- Assess clients' needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goal
- Develop plans to improve their clients' well-being
- Research and refer clients to community resources, such as food stamps, child care, and health care
- Track grant participants who have been referred to other agencies or departments.
- Administer participant support services system.
- Document and maintain individual participant files and hard copies.
- Develop employment leads/placements with Prosperity Region 4 partners.
- Monitor overall participant performance in activities adult learning activities.
- Follow up with clients to ensure that their situations have improved
- Coordinate and monitor participants' attendance with facilitators and data entry staff.
- Evaluate services provided to ensure that they are effective
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project a professional image including punctuality, dependability and good attendance records
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Willingness and ability to learn the adult education system.
Step 3 of the Adult Education salary schedule = $22,525.80 per year (for .6 FTE)Benefits:
Single subscriber benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; District paid life and long term disability insurance; paid sick and personal days; student loan forgiveness may be available through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for eligible Federal student loans.Posting Dates:
External & InternalTo Apply:
Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online. No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position.
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior to our recommendation to hire.It is the policy of the Kent ISD School Board that no student, staff member or candidate for any position in the District shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ancestry, age, gender/sex, sexual orientation, marital status, height, weight, veteran status, political belief or physical/mental disability which does not impair their ability to perform adequately in the individual's particular position or activity, excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or to be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which the Kent ISD School Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. The Coordinator for Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II is: Coni Sullivan, Esq., Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Legal Services.
- Applications must be completed online at www.jobs.kentisd.org
- Please note, due to the large number of applications, we are unable to attend to e-mail or telephone inquiries on application status.
- All candidates will be timely notified regarding their application status.
Posting ID: 548986467Posted: 2021-02-25