Company Name: Dillons
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Greet customers, provide customer services in front-end and operate scanning equipment and cash registers. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wait on customers and counter promptly and cheerfully. Greet customers and provide them with great service.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Make clean, neat, and friendly impression on customers.
- Operate register to ensure merchandise and payment of goods is accounted for properly.
- Process all forms of payment which may include coupons, cash, credit cards, debit cards, checks, Electronic Benefits Transfer, and Women with Infant Children vouchers.
- Follow all proper cash handling guidelines to ensure all accounting procedures are handled according to company guidelines.
- Bag customers' orders following load limits and proper bagging procedures.
- Responsible for keeping the check stand area clean and free from clutter, keep grocery carts in their proper, designated areas, locate merchandise and self-tags or signs to check prices, return unsold merchandise to shelves or designated areas, and stock or straighten check lane displays or shelves.
- Able to perform courtesy clerk duties, if applicable.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing and available to work weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills that engage our customers and associates.
- Able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, bulletins.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help all members of the department.
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising, and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
- Must be able to work with various cleaning solutions, safely use sharp tools, and carefully operate all production equipment.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety and food handling.
- Experience in grocery retail and customer service.
- Experience in operating a cash register and making change.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Great Bend || 4107 10Th St || 67530 || Dillons || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Posting ID: 578830360Posted: 2020-10-11