Hotel Front Desk Clerk
Job Description SummarySummary:
Responsible for the reception/information for the hotel. Performs a variety of clerical and accounting duties. Is responsible for reserving future bookings, in-house guest accounting, and cashier duties. Acts as switchboard operator.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs check in and check out of guests. Posts payments and charges as necessary. Responsible for funds received.
- Responsible for answering the hotel switchboard in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- May be responsible for additional guest services which may include, but are not limited to, airport shuttle, minor maintenance and additional room supplies.
- Handles guest problems and complaints. Serves as an information agent for hotel guests.
- Responsible for accurate accounting of all guest rooms. Required to communicate pertinent information to co-workers and to management.
- Performs a variety of clerical and office duties.
- Responsible for daily execution of reservation check to insure that no revenue is lost due to rooms which are not sold or are overbooked.
- Must have first-hand knowledge of the physical layout of the entire building.
- Should be thoroughly familiar with all emergency procedures with regard to accident, fire, bomb threats, and illness of guests, etc.
Basic Statement of FunctionsQualification Requirements:
- Any other duties as assigned by the Front Desk Manager, Assistant Hotel Manager, or Hotel Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Job Specifications(Qualifications)EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and general business or sales orientation and at least average in math, preferably with some background in bookkeeping; or equivalent combination of education and experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Must be average in math computations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Must be able to perform basic math computations at the 12th grade level.COMPUTER SKILLS:
Experience in the following software: MS Excel, MS Word and company computer based program, PDI.REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Valid Driver's License
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Must beable to smile and always be pleasant.
- Ability to work varied number of hours per week on a rotating basis. Normally 1st shift is 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., but may vary from time to time.
- Must be in uniform at all times.
- Must display a high degree of pride and integrity in job performance.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all company policies pertaining to his or her position and employment.
- People chosen for this position should be by nature extroverts and enjoy the challenge of everyday life.
- Must possess the ability to think on their own and not become upset or frustrated easily; the type of individual who works well under pressure.
- Ability to listen and comprehend what they have heard.
- Must always possess the ability to follow instructions. Able to communicate those instructions and ideas both verbally and in writing to subordinates and co-workers while exercising good judgment.
- Must be a self-starter, have good judgment, and possess the quality of adaptability.
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to operate calculator, CRT, typewriter, telephone and facsimile machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally.
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, lift, carry, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nearest Major Market:
- Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent background noise.
- Ability to work in a pleasant, well-lighted atmosphere.
Great Falls Nearest Secondary Market:
Montana Job Segment:
Hotel, Hotel Reception, Hospitality