We are searching for an experienced Machine Operator for our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.MEASURES OF SUCCESSSpecific Critical Responsibilities:
- Be aware of the requirements of the product being produced - Weight, bags per pallet or box, type of pallet or box for the current run and communicate this info with the other line workers.
- In general, be the quality control person for what is being packaged on this line.
(tasks that need to be done, but do not fall into the above)
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Train other coworkers that are new to your line or area when asked.
- Keep the line or areas equipment and report any mechanical problems to the shop.
- Make sure line or area is clean and organized at the end of your shift.
- Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your shift head immediately.
- Work closely with the other workers a long side you on the line or area
- Must be able to lift at least 55 pounds.
- Must show the ability to work with others.
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to learn new things
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
- Work temperatures may vary due to outside temperatures.
- Work environment may be dusty.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries...one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Posting ID: 581483216Posted: 2021-01-27