Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine-dining restaurants, fourteen catering facilities, a country inn and five Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people, and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
Come join our growing team at one of our premier catering venues!
Line Cook Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize and clean all food preparation areas to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, and efficient production in an advanced and supervisory capacity
• Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored.
• Responsible for the kitchen during Sous Chef's and Chefs absence.
• Assist wherever and whenever needed to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
• Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
• Take an active role in the preparation and service of the cuisine.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous Chef.
Line Cook Qualifications:
• Kitchen experience or equivalent formal education.
• Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
• Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
• Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Good communication and listening skills.
Posting ID: 74387156Posted: 2020-07-14