Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon Technologies team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. RIS, located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Software Lead. As a candidate for this opportunity you should have a good foundation in Java, C/C++ or C# and have extensive experience working in a Linux or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a fundamental understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process) and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming. Performs the activities involved with the requirements gathering, design, development, documenting, interfacing, integration, testing, maintenance, and modification of complex software applications.
The selected candidate must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon Technologies.Job Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordination and achievement of control account work/tasks
- Understanding the integration of technical scope, schedule and budget
- Strong and effective communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Collaborate with peer organizations like system engineering, infrastructure, security engineering and quality assurance
- Measurement of work progress, collection of actual costs, analysis of variances and the initiation of corrective actions
- Investigate and resolve support issues and contribute to the program's continuous process improvements.
- Partner with managers and stakeholders to drive projects forward
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- 6+ years of software development experience with Java, C/C++ and or C#
- 2+ years of leadership experience (team lead, technical lead)
- Experience developing software using Agile development methodologies and DevOps
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Release Train Engineer (RTE SAFe).
- Design, develop and status a schedule that supports implementation of the requirements
- Provide direction and task management of up to 6 software engineers
- Ability to support both lead and individual contributor tasks if needed
- Identify and utilize effective measures for execution
- Perform bids and proposals for additional follow-on work
- Own the budget and schedule for the SW team under your control
Required Education:Requires a bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Atlassian/Jira toolset for the management of tasks
- Object oriented software design
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience with applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon Technologies is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon Technologies. Click here to learn more:https://www.youtube.com/raytheontechnologiesOur new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother's room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday's, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 567035636Posted: 2020-08-06