This position is classified as exempt and reports to the District Manager.
General Managers are responsible for providing guidance and leadership to their team to create a positive culture, maintain high team morale, and encourage all team members to strive for excellence. You will execute and assist in the development of action plans according to company goals and objectives. You will manage and oversee the daily operations of the restaurant focusing on staffing, team member development, sales growth, cost management, and ensuring operational standards are consistently upheld.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and values associated with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
- Complete all training requirements including:
- Zaxby’s Learning Center Learning Plan, Basic Operations Training, and Phase III Manager Training
- Food Safety Certification and Manager Certification
- Any additional training required by Zax LLC
- Ensure that the restaurant delivers great experiences to guests
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels by sourcing, interviewing, hiring, retaining, and recognizing top performers
- Ensure team members receive proper training including ongoing mentoring, coaching, and development while holding team members accountable for their performance
- Ensure effective work schedules are created timely and appropriately to drive sales and control labor costs
- Plan and delegate shift assignments including communicating expectations and adjusting as needed
- Ensure service, product quality, and cleanliness standards are consistently upheld
- Create and maintain a positive culture and healthy team morale by providing guidance and leadership while being an example and role model for the team
- Manage profitability through driving sales, controlling costs, developing team members, and ensuring operational standards are consistently upheld
- Strive to increase sales by building community relationships and providing outstanding product and service
- Control costs and losses and strive to improve at every opportunity by maintaining operational standards, and ensuring compliance with all Zaxby’s Franchising LLC and Zax LLC guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Complete performance reviews for crew members and assist with performance reviews for managers
- Maintain compliance with Zaxby’s Franchising LLC, Zax LLC, federal, state, and local laws, guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Utilize management tools and keep neat, accurate, and current records
- Review performance metrics daily and develop action plans to enhance the execution of systems and processes to improve profitability, sales, and guest experience.
- Other responsibilities
- Handle and report guest and team member complaints/concerns/injuries timely and in a friendly and respectful manner
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description
- Ensure the team works safely and follows all safety guidelines and procedures
- Escalate concerns to your supervisor when appropriate
- All other duties necessary to ensure restaurant operations function properly
At Zax LLC, we have core values that drive our business. We stick to these values to make sure that we are moving in the right direction. By using these values as guidelines in everything you do, you’ll help keep Zax LLC unique and special.
- Guest Focused – Our success is linked to satisfied guests. We will keep the guest at the center of everything we do.
- Develop Talent – We recognize that people are our most important asset. We strive to attract, motivate, recognize, and develop the best, diverse talent possible.
- Operational Excellence – We execute our systems with excellence. We strive to achieve the highest quality possible in everything that we do.
- Continuous Improvement – We deliver what we promise but strive to deliver more than is expected. We will embrace change when it allows us to improve excellence.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation
- Ability to work a minimum of 5 days and 48 hours per week
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Successful completion of background check and drug screen
- Must possess leadership qualities, organizational skills, and ability to interact cooperatively with others
- Leadership experience required
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship on the company will be considered.
- Sit, stand, and walk continuously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
Posting ID: 572922008Posted: 2020-09-22