A group of doctor's offices located in Greenwood. The laboratory draws and runs all samples for patients. This is a fast paced and busy environment, candidates can expect to draw 40 patients per day. The hours for this role will be 8am-530pm, but candidates must be available to come in as early as 7am depending on patient lad. No weekend work.
This phlebotomist will be responsible for collecting specimens from patients and preparing these specimens for in-house or send-out testing. Also requires some testing of CLIA waived exams, use of computers and associated software. The duties performed will be as follows:
1. Collects blood specimens from patient veins and fingers.
2. Collects all urine specimens as CCMS urines.
3. Collects specimens for select microbiology testing.
4. Collects all specimens in accordance with specimen collection manual, reference manual and lab policies.
5. Collects specimens at specified times.
6. Prepares reference lab specimens according to reference manual.
7. Instructs patients and gives them a handout on any patient collected specimens, such as 24-hour urine collections.
8. Performs urinary dipstick testing and other CLIA waived exams.
9. Responsible for inventory of phlebotomy area to include reference laboratory supplies.
10. Maintains supplies in phlebotomy room as required.
11. Cleans phlebotomy area as required and performs required PM's.
12. Receives written and electronic orders from physicians and/or nursing.
13. Use of the LIS computer, its software and peripheral devices.
14. Proper use of centrifuges.
15. Keeps current in the field through literature, workshops, seminars or online CE.
16. Helps train new employees and students.
17. Is understanding of the glucose meter program.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1) 2+ years of phlebotomy experience - 40 draws/day
2) Knowledge of "Order of Draw"
3) Familiarity w/ difference b/w serum & plasma
4) Attention to Detail, and a "no drama/complaining" attitude VERY important
Nice to Have:
1) Geriatric and pediatric experience
2) Phlebotomy certification
3) Experience with nasal swabs
Candidates will be evaluated on their professionalism, dependability, and initiative. This person needs to go above and beyond, and not perform the bare minimum required.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.