UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers
We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.
- Eligible for comprehensive benefits and 401k
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
Responsible for assisting management in the supervision of drivers and staff of the Transportation Department. Implements schedules, departure times, and daily functions of the Department. Ensures daily changes are coordinated in an efficient, effective and productive manner. Appraises changes and communicates with customers whenever necessary. Communicates information to other internal departments as necessary.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Coordinates daily scheduling of drivers and staff members ensuring the effectiveness of the workforce.
Monitors driver departure times and reports the information accordingly.
Shares on-call duty with members of the Transportation Department.
Coordinates customer deliveries with Drivers and notifies customers of delays or accidents.
Assists in determining rental requirements and equipment needs
Answers phones, directs calls and handles customer, warehouse and driver inquiries
Acts as the back-up person for the Transportation Manager as well as for completing log data entry.
Summarizes and publishes results of quality checks and "on-time reporting".
Works with Leasing company to ensure proper maintenance schedules of trucks.
Acts as key communicator between various departments regarding schedule changes and new account service.
Performs other duties as required.
Ability to travel 25-50% of the timePERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:
1. Demonstrates willingness to accept challenges and added responsibility.
2. Completes tasks in a manner that meets all established timelines and accuracy requirements.
3. Demonstrates the ability to perform effectively a team environment.
4. Quality and safety functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
5. Receives consistent, positive feedback from internal and external customers.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
College Degree preferred or equivalent related experience.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations.
Current Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Word and Access skills necessary.EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum four years experience in multiple stop dispatch operationSKILLS/ABILITIES:
Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
Detail oriented and ability to coordinate complex work schedules
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong written/verbal communication skills All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.