Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of sheet-fed offset presses to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate various sheet-fed offset presses.
- Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
- Starts machines and make trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
- Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Assures the image is registered from unit to unit, and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings.
- Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Accurately follows instructions.
- Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
- Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Preserves and passes along customer artwork in clean and undamaged condition.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product, using hand tools.
- Performs daily/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
Shift start: 7:30PM
Shift length: 12 hours
Rotating 3-4 day schedule. Work Monday-Wednesday for 3 weeks, then Thursday - Sunday for 3 weeks, and then back again. When you switch from 4 days to three days you have Sunday off. Will train on nights but have to be open to training on days.
WestRock Company manufactures and sells paper and packaging solutions for the consumer and corrugated markets in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company operates through three segments: Corrugated Packaging, Consumer Packaging, and Land and Development. The Corrugated Packaging segment produces containerboards, corrugated sheets, corrugated packaging, and preprinted linerboards for consumer and industrial products manufacturers, and corrugated box manufacturers.