Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for innovation?
Are you seeking a role that will continue to challenge you in a company committed to championing your growth?
Our client is a leader in the energy and telecom industry, spanning multiple countries, and has a strategic footprint that allows them to service emerging markets and communities across the globe with ease. This growth is only the beginning. We are presently looking for top talent to join their team during this exciting time.
In your new role, you will be responsible for validating exempt and non-exempt team member information in multi-state jurisdictions and inputting and verifying salaried and hourly wage information such as pay, hours worked, taxes and miscellaneous deductions into the payroll and timekeeping system in preparation for payroll checks. Your position shares responsibility with the payroll processing team to process weekly hourly, bi-weekly salaried, and the monthly pension payrolls and timekeeping for weekly hourly team members in the United States and Canada.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely processing of the weekly and biweekly hourly and salary payroll for our union and non-union employees.
- Prepare and balance payroll runs per compliance requirements. Includes performing audits using the reporting tools available and in accordance with guidelines set forth by department.
- Works with local HR contacts and managers to resolve payroll issues.
- Processes payrolls for various scheduled pay dates. Detailed reconciliation and balancing.
- Collect and summarize various forms of pay information
- Responding to court orders, interrogatories, and acting as a liaison between law offices/courts
- Audits payroll data entered by other team members using reporting tools. Investigates questionable data and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Apply company pay policies and procedures accurately and consistently
- Enters and audits payroll adjustments, manual checks, and refunds as well as maintaining logs and spreadsheets to reconcile data and audit entries.
- Responds timely to verification's, unemployment audits and special requests.
- Cross train and learn all activities in order to effectively support the department in the absence of the department manager or other payroll specialists.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, executive management, co-workers, and outside agencies to promote a quality service image.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with numbers
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree preferred
- 3-5 years in payroll processing or an accounting position
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Posting ID: 599084924Posted: 2021-01-16