Manages and develops consumer loan accounts, which meet the established lending requirements while maximizing profitability and minimizing risk to the bank. Contributes to the growth and profitability of the bank through consumer and residential loans.
Also preforms duties related to the Universal Banker role, which includes services such as opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement accounts and assisting customers. Responsible for the development of new business relationships, maintaining existing relationships, and recognizing selling and referral opportunities. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Lending):
- Possesses knowledge of features and benefits of all bank products and services in order to efficiently promote the bank and explain available financial institution products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Services existing residential loan accounts and expands existing relationships through cross-sells and referrals.
- Assists in the implementation of new products or programs to help provide better service to customers and stimulate new growth.
- Interviews loan applicants, analyzes financial information and makes appropriate loan decisions; Decisions must be based primarily on opinions derived from facts and projections based upon the best available information; Must abide by specified lending authority as dictated by the loan policy and procedures manual.
- Presents loan requests above lending authority to loan review committee for approval.
- Manages a loan portfolio as it pertains to consumer and residential loans under his or her responsibility. Services loan portfolio in a manner consistent with sound banking practices, while maintaining profitability.
- Participates in the bank's officer call program and promotes the bank's services where appropriate.
- Makes business development calls on existing customers and prospective customers.
- Maintains an active role in community affairs to improve the bank's visibility in the area.
- Implements plans to reduce total past dues loans and non-earning assets to a level determined by senior management; Monitors past due loans and contacts customers when appropriate.
- Assures delivery of quality customer service in the branch through personal leadership and adherence to bank's quality standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Platform):
- Provides a complete range of customer services at the financial institution, including opening new accounts, explaining available financial institution products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
- Establishes retirement accounts, and arranges for direct deposits.
- Completes arrangements and documents for special services such as exchanges of foreign currency.
- Carries out the financial institution's client retention strategies.
- Proactively seeks prospects for new business.
- Actively refers loans, outside lines of business, and other bank services to appropriate financial institution specialists.
- Opens and closes office by following established security procedures.
- Performs specialized tasks such as preparing cashier's checks and personal money orders, and issuing traveler's checks.
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls and policies and procedures
- Answers inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products; attempts to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- Develops knowledge of bank products through independent study of Product Knowledge Manual and general banking knowledge through Professional Development or CFT courses.
- Completes all required monthly and quarterly training.
- Accurately processes and/or reports the following as outlined in established branch procedures:
- Garnishments, tax levies, subpoenas, etc.
- Counterfeit Currency Report.
- Mail (USPS, UPS, interoffice, mail deposits, hold mail, etc.)
- Night deposit logs.
- Balancing and reporting of the negotiable instrument log.
- Represents the financial institution in community affairs and civic organizations.
- Assists all branches with existing and potential consumer and residential loan customers.
- Occasionally assists commercial customers with their initial loan requests.
- Authorizes official checks, expense checks, money orders, charge-offs, overdrafts etc., as outlined in procedures manual.
- Accurately balances assigned cash drawer.
- Identifies customers, validates and cashes checks, accepts cash and checks for deposit, and checks accuracy of deposit slips.
- One to two years or retail banking experience or relevant work experience including clerical, administrative, cash handling, or customer service experience required.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college with a concentration in accounting / finance preferred, or equivalent business related experience.
- One to two years of consumer and residential lending experience.
- Proven knowledge of loan policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and procedures, and meet established goals.
- Proven ability to motivate staff in sales.
- Strong personal leadership skills, organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills; Interacts well with customers, listens effectively, and communicates complex issues.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex financial information, make presentations of that information, communicate its contents, and make recommendations for appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to travel to various locations to meet with customers and bank personnel.
- Strong business development, customer relations, and decision-making skills are essential.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Performs all areas of responsibilities in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner; Acceptable attendance and reporting to work in a timely manner.
- Works well with co-workers, vendors, and customers.
- Conducts customer relations in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
- Must be courteous and respectful of all customers and employees.
- All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional matter, which is conducive to the effective operation of the Bank.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Ability to maintain matters of a highly confidential nature.
- Honesty must be an essential ingredient in all matters.
- Attempts to return all phone calls the same day as they are received.
- Acts on all loan requests, after receiving all information necessary to consider the request, within two days for all loans within your authority and twelve days for all other loans.
- Maintains loan exceptions at a rate specified by loan policy and procedures, or of greater quality.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 580600241Posted: 2021-03-05