Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in East Hanover, NJ. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You’ll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation, and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Please send your resume to Alicia Cali at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 216.256.7768
This R&D position is focused on Gum & Candy Product Development.
The technician is a position that provides the employee with the ability to perform somewhat diverse, yet basic well-defined procedures. The ability to maintain workflow following standardized routines with narrow focus and awareness of other activities within assigned departments or area. Assignments are clear and specific, and tasks are well defined and follow standard practices.
- The candidate will support bench-top development of gum and/or candy product formulations
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining laboratory instruments
- Monitoring experiments, making observations, and calculating and recording experimental results
- Work with suppliers to obtain critical documentation for feasibility of Non-GMO initiatives
- Prepare bench top prototypes for gum, hard candy, and jellies
- Conduct analytical testing on product samples (e.g. texture analysis, water activity, total solids)
- Provide support in scale-up pilot plant trials as needed
- Support sensory roundtable coordination
- Support set-up and maintenance of stability studies to ensure adequate shelf life for new formulations
- Collecting data and maintaining detailed record of batches, lab methods and procedures, and benchtop experimental results
- Plant trial support as needed
- Attend project meetings when appropriate – assess feasibility of project and provide recommendations to the team
- Provide updates to team when appropriate
- Experience in a laboratory setting is required. Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask – will be working across multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work cross-functionally and ask detailed questions and with several people.
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail, problem solving, and the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Able to lift 50lbs
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.