Kelly Services is currently recruiting for multiple Benefits Customer Service Representatives for our client, a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company, at their location in Woodbridge, CT.
This assignment starts on July 14, 2020 and pays $16.25 per hour, and $16.75 for those bilingual in Spanish.
The Benefit Customer Service Representative provides customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting issues.
• Provide a high level of customer service support when handling customers’ questions/complaints in respect to defined benefit pension and/or health and welfare plans.
• Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations (responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments).
• Respond professionally to customer inquiries/complaints received via phone, email or other communication channels.
• Demonstrate flexibility to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities.
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements.
• Proficiently translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
• Read and understand client’s plan documents, amendments or online knowledgebase tools, etc.
• Collect relevant information, determine immediate requests/questions and also anticipate the future needs of the member.
• Maintain diplomacy and tact while dealing with upset or escalated callers.
• Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes.
• Participate in team meetings and training.
• Possess a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers, internal contacts and team members.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service setting. 2-3+ years is preferred. Pension customer experience preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (specifically Outlook, Excel and Word).
• Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple software applications.
• Ability to type 30-40 WPM.
• Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans a plus.
• Fluent in Spanish a plus.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly assess current state issues and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment and prioritize and organize work.
• High level attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work.
Terms of Assignment:
• Contract assignment with the possibility of long-term hire.
• Schedule: 32 – 40 hours/week with some overtime requested. Must be available between 9:00am and 6:00pm.
• Pay Rate: $16.25/hour, and $16.75/hour for those fluent in Spanish.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.