As a Family Dollar Greeter you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service by greeting customers, assisting with shopping needs and protecting store assets through observation of customers and Store Team Members under the Store Manager direction. Responsibilities include reducing losses, improving compliance, protecting company assets, and reviewing daily audits with Store Managers. In addition, you will communicate feedback to Performance Manager (PM), District Manager, or Market Auditor.Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable manner and maintains a positive Company image to community.
- Assists Store Manager in asset protection duties by being aware of customers while they are in the store and providing excellent customer service; addresses all EAS alarms by following Company procedures.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, observes transactions at the register and activity throughout the store to ensure protection of store assets. Reports any suspicious activity to Store Manager.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, checks security camera and alarms daily for proper functioning, conducts daily audits, and monitors Fire and ADA safety requirements.
- Completes bag checks, including in-store returns as directed.
- All other duties as assigned by Performance Manager (PM), District Manager, or Market Auditor.
- Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent. Ability to read and interpret policy, procedural, and training manuals and other operational directives and communications.
- Requirements: Ability to travel locally as needed and scheduled. Valid Driver's License is required.
- Experience: Prefer some experience working with people and general public; Work in retail, hotel, restaurant, grocery or drug store environment is preferred. Previous Loss Prevention experience is required.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Availability: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Skills & Competencies: Customer Focus, Developing Potential, Results Driven, Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Problem Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship Management.
Our teams are working tirelessly to provide a clean and safe environment for our Associates and customers. We continue to enhance and modify our protocols, as appropriate. This includes:
•Plexiglass guards at cash registers
•Associates conduct home health screenings two hour prior to their shift
•Managers conduct in-store health screenings of each associate prior to shift
•Cleaning protocols that include hand sanitizer and supplies to clean throughout the day
•Social Distancing by maintaining at least six feet between yourself and shoppers
•Face masks and gloves for Associates to wear during their shifts Auto Req ID
2159 E 71st StProcess Level/Store #
24666 Employment Status:
FT Company Name
Posting ID: 590055814Posted: 2020-11-30