Acme Industrial Company is an established AS9100 manufacturing company located in Carpentersville, Illinois. With the help of 150 team members, we produce fasteners for a variety of industried including aerospace, automotive and military applications. Due to a pending retirement, we currently have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Manager. The individual we seek will be a member of the executive team and will be a true generalist with responsibility for all aspects of H.R.
- Employee relations. Ensure that employee concerns are addressed. Work with supervisory team to resolve issues including grievances. Oversee disciplinary action process. Main contact with union representative. Key member of contract negotiation team.
- Recruiting. Develop postings, utilize ATS, screen and interview candidates, refer to supervisors, do pre-hire checks and handle onboarding for new employees.
- Benefits. Lead annual renewal, open enrollment, communication of and explanation of benefits. Answer questions, solve problems and act as primary contact with benefit providers and brokers. Coordinate 5500 filing.
- Safety. Create and update all safety policies. Design safety training and ensure its completion. Keep current on OSHA regulations and manage the annual safety audit. identify areas for improvement and work with the team to address. Lead safety committee.
- 401k. Communicate and administer the company's two 401k plans. Become fluent in requirements and coordinate loans, withdrawals, and change processes. Work closely with accounting firm to aid in the audit.
- Performance Management. Coordinate the annual performance appraisal process. Select format and communicate process to supervisors. Review compensation data and make recommendations.
- Compliance. Coordinate affirmative action activities and reporting, including EEO and VETS reporting. FMLA certification and tracking, ADA compliance activities.
- Workers Compensation. Perform facility audits to ensure safe practices. Identify areas of concern and potential solutions. OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Training. Identify areas of need and compliance and determine action plan.
- Strategic Planning. Participate in executive team discussions concerning company objectives.
- Act as COVID subject matter specialist.
- Payroll. Oversee the payroll function.
Qualified candidates will have:
- a minimum of 7 years of human resources experience as a generalist
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- PHR or SPHR designation
- Kowledge in employment law, employee relations, safety and benefits
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Experience working with a union workforce is preferred
Candidates must be willing to work on site.
Acme is an Equal Opportunity Employer: veteran/disability
Posting ID: 596122482Posted: 2021-01-26