A very reputable construction supplier in Manorville, NY is currently seeking Senior Purchasing Agent/Sr. Buyer to join their growing team.
Ideal candidate has5+ years of experience and will have proven experience acquiring materials from vendors for construction projects, validating, organizing and sending purchase orders, verifying receipt of items and authorizing payment.
This is a perm position paying up to $120K and the company is looking to hire ASAP.
· Must understand quality and grading rules of wood species.
· Conducting research, and negotiating with vendors to obtain product or service information such as; price, availability, and delivery schedule.
· Examine items to ensure they meet the needs of the customers and seeks to improve existing vendor programs.
· Build relationships directly with Distributors and coordinates activities involved with procuring all wood and cedar products.
· Develop and maintain a buying strategy that meets the changing and growing needs of the company.
· Communicates availability, price changes, understand competitive market pricing across multiple regions.
· Advise on future market conditions.
· Attention to detail and a focus on expediting delivery of goods to yards and customers is essential
· Review requisitions.
· Managing inventory levels.
· 5+ years of industry experience
· Proven negotiation and problem solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Effective organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Detail oriented, conceptual/analytical thinking and ability to meet deadlines.
· Works well independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
· Must be proficient in basic computer software, including Microsoft Office.5+ years industry experience, be organized, good math, communication and computer skills, and knowledge of excel.