Technical Staffing Resources (TSR) is seeking a Construction Superintendent to work with one of the largest EPC firms in the country. This is a long term, indefinite contract position located in Deepwater, NJ.
- Review of the Scope of Work for each trade to understand which contractors have responsibility for various tasks.
- Working with the individual trades on system lockout requirements.
- Submitting shutdown / lockout requests.
- Review of contractors’ JSA’s on a daily basis.
- Obtaining job work permits.
- Participation in preparation of the schedule.
- Oversight of the contractors to verify they are on schedule.
- Participating in regularly schedule update meetings with the contractors to verify they are on schedule.
- Participating in weekly progress meetings.
- Fielding questions from the contractors on the job to insure progress is maintained.
- Constant oversight of contractors work to insure good quality.
- Holding regularly scheduled quality meetings / walk-thru / audits.
- Participating in regularly scheduled safety meetings / walk-thru / audits.
- Maintain daily reports identifying job progress, schedule delays and other important project issues.
- Integrating the design revision process including verification that contractors are utilizing the latest revised drawings.
- Analyzing the impacts of revisions / changes from a schedule standpoint with the contractor and provide input to schedule revisions.
- Drive the project thru completion in the field.
- Working closely with the CM(s) to maintain a common goal.
Computer and Other Skills
- Must have Industrial or Commercial Construction experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read and understand construction/engineering/architect plans & specifications
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi task and handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project
- The ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with individuals at all levels of the company including client representatives and subcontractors
- Must be able to work and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Must have extensive problem solving skills
- Technical Training or Associates Degree preferred
Technical Staffing Resources, a KBR company, is a full-service staffing firm with over 75 years’ experience providing staffing support for industrial engineering, construction, maintenance markets and our affiliated government services division.
Posting ID: 570049231Posted: 2020-09-26