Palliative Medicine Physician Needed!
Enjoy a collaborative partnership with the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Medical Director where you will work in conjunction with the inpatient palliative care team, home-based palliative care services, and Kaweah Delta Hospice.
- Join a team committed to providing world-class hospice and palliative medical care in California's Central Valley.
- Our team is encouraged and supported by leadership to help guide strategic planning and development of programs that benefit our community.
- Provides supervisory medical oversight, assists in the professional development of NP's and provides direct patient care.
- Cerner EMR in place
- Developing interdisciplinary team in place to include social workers and a registered nurse.
- Opportunity to develop a robust outpatient palliative care clinic and telemedicine service should candidate prefer outpatient clinical experiences
- Competitive compensation and benefits package - paid malpractice, relocation assistance, and signing bonus
Partners with the Medical Director in providing medical expertise for:
- Standards of medical care for hospice and palliative patients
- Disease management with intensive cancer related pain and symptom management
- Physician-to-physician relationships and leadership
- Clinic and public education regarding hospice and palliative medicine
- Guidance to hospice and palliative service staff as they provide direct patient care
- Inpatient consults to educate the local providers - or opportunity to build an outpatient practice with hospital and community support
- Negotiable. Initially, Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM with weekends and holidays off.
- As the program continues to grow, there will be an expectation to provide weekend and holiday coverage for high priority consults and follow up of patients requiring active symptom management.
- Palliative physicians will ensure appropriate schedule coverage for hospice and palliative services in coordination with the Medical Director
- Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork and collaboration
- Board Certified/Board Eligible FM or IM desirable
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine or Geriatric board certification desirable
- MD or DO licensure in CA prior to practice effective date
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is the largest hospital in Tulare County and the only hospital in Visalia. We offer a variety of services including comprehensive cardiac care, open heart surgery, neurosurgery, minimally invasive operations, and more.
- Service area covers Tulare and Kings counties - 600k+ population
- 581-Beds; Level III Trauma Center and Stroke Center
- 5K deliveries annually; Valley Children's Hospital provides NICU and Pediatric inpatient coverage
- 95K+ ED visits annually; ED expansion in progress, 40-beds to 74-beds
- Opportunity to care for a large underserved population
- Healthgrades 50 Best Cardiac Programs in America 2017-2020
- Healthgrades 2020 America's 250 Best Hospitals
- Affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute
- 6 Residency Programs: Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery, Anesthesia & Transitional Year
- 3 Fellowship Programs: Hospice and Palliative Medicine through affiliation with UCSF Fresno, Simulation fellowship, Ultrasound Fellowship
Visalia, CA is located in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. There are an average of 275 sunny days per year in Visalia! In the summer, temperatures range from the upper 90's during the daytime and drop to the low 80's in the evening. Our winter climate is mild. The average temperature in the early mornings and evenings is in the low 40's and during the daytime in the upper 50's.
In addition to our central location and California weather, there are also a wide-array of activities locally that you'll have easy access to enjoy. There are several lakes, two major rivers and reservoirs for fishing and boating. Three major ski resorts also are nearby, offering some of California's best downhill and cross-country skiing.
Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Visalia is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Palliative Care Physician, Location: Visalia, CA - 93291