Hanover, MD Position Summary:
With limited direction, this role is responsible for the productivity of collection crews. This includes direct accountability for the supervision of drivers and helpers in providing safe, effective and courteous waste collection services to customers. This role may act as manager-on-duty in the absence of other managerial personnel. Principal Responsibilities:
- Courteously interact with all customers, and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Acts as company liaison with the client, inspector, etc. on behalf of Bates, addressing and resolving problems, complaints and servicing contract requirements
- Maintains open communications with division departments to ensure fluid and effective operations.
- Anticipates and organizes work to meet operational needs, plans routes and other operational activities to ensure efficient daily staffing levels, manage labor hours and disposal tons while balancing quality levels of customer service, develops work schedules and grants time off as appropriate to match staffing level requirements.
- Using judgment and discretion assess escalated or unusual operational issues and determines the most appropriate resolution.
- Audits the level of service provided to customer accounts and conducts employee observations to ensure safety and productivity procedures are followed.
- On rare occasions and as necessary to maintain business operations - may drive route vehicles in order to cover shortages in staff, missed pick-ups, or operational needs.
- Responds to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and two (2) years related operations experience.
- Three (3) years' related experience in the transportation or waste industry.
- MUST have a valid Driver s License with a clean MVA record
- MUST be able to start work no later than 6:00am
- MUST be able to work up and until 6pm or later when required and weekends
Why Join Bates Trucking?
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage
- Dental plans with dental maintenance alternatives
- Vision coverage
- Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation
- Holidays and Personal Days
- Great team environment
- Career development opportunities with a growing company
Why not? We offer excellent and comprehensive health, and retirement benefits in addition to a great work life. About Us: Bates Trucking and Trash Removal, Inc.
is one of the oldest and most prominent solid waste & recycling companies in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area, and we are proud of the opportunities we provide our drivers, mechanics, helpers and staff.
For more than 50 years, it's been our mission to protect the environment of our neighborhoods and businesses. In addition to providing safe, efficient trash and garbage disposal, we also offer a full complement of environmentally friendly recycling services.
Bates Trucking Services is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please apply online below with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Salary: . Date posted: 07/30/2020
Posting ID: 566559206Posted: 2020-08-13