Seeking a Sr. Transportation Engineer with a PE who can stamp drawings and move projects forward.
- Perform and oversee a wide range of transportation planning, analysis, and design tasks, including transportation and parking demand management plans, transportation impact analyses, design plans for signing, striping, traffic signal, lighting/illumination, Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), and temporary traffic control
- Participate with the pursuit, planning, and development of transportation engineering and planning assignments throughout Oregon and Washington
- Cooperate with SR management for staff hiring, onboarding, and staff development
- Coordinate design issues with clients and work with the project team to develop solutions to technical challenges
- Serve as a technical expert and task lead on large, complex projects
Transportation, PE, Civil Engineering, Engineering, professional Engineer, Traffic Management, Autocad, microstation, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning Software, Traffic Analysis, Traffic Impact Analysis, Traffic Studies, Roadway, Design
- 10 years of experience in transportation engineering, traffic operations, and transportation planning. Traffic signal planning is ideal.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Oregon and/or Washington or be able to easily obtain registration in these states
- Mix of technical, managerial, and communication skills is critical.
- Responsiveness and prompt communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to communicate technical and non-technical details to the team and clients
- Successful experience developing relationships with clients and being selected for project contracts highly preferred
- Motivation and the ability to work independently with multiple priorities
- Experience training and mentoring junior staff members
- Project management experience through the entire project lifecycle, including proposal preparation, project scoping, contracting, reviewing invoices, and managing client deliverables and expectations
- 10+ years of experience in transportation engineering, traffic operations, and transportation planning
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Oregon and Washington or be able to easily obtain
- Knowledge and experience in land use processes and regulations in Oregon and Washington
- Proficiency with traffic analysis and drafting software applications such as Synchro, SimTraffic, Vistro, VISSIM, AutoCAD, and Microstation
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.