We have an immediate need for a Principal Systems/Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA. This position is responsible for technical development of software and firmware requirements, architecture, design, and integration of Antenna Low Power (LP), High Power Near Field (HPNF) and Far Field (FF) Chambers Test Systems. Candidate will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. The position will be responsible for:
Additional duties include team leadership, architecture and development of test system software and firmware applications, participation as a subject matter expert in software design reviews across multiple programs as well as participation in proposal efforts, technical leadership, oversight of software and firmware design teams, implementation of product development processes, technical risk assessments, deployment and improvement of design processes, technology planning and road map alignment and mentoring.Required Skills: •Minimum 8+ years of related work experience to include 3+ year's software architecture design/development/integration.•Software Programming (C++); Process knowledge (i.e. SAS MS, IPDS, CMMI).•Hands-on, working knowledge of Linux/Unix/Solaris OS are required for control of the test systems and sequencing of test program sets.•User Interface development on Unix and Visual Studios.•Proficient with drawing tools such as LabView, MatLab, OrCad, AutoCad, Mentor Graphics.•Test Equipment interface with GPIB and Ethernet.•Test Station Integration and Diagnostics.•U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance after one year of employment with the ability to obtain Top Secret and SSBI clearance and/or a Special Access clearance.Desired Skills: •Tactical radar experience.•Antenna LP and HPNF measurement test system experience.•Flight test and Integration experience.•Ability to understand radar modes and how they fit together with operational tactics.•Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) management experience. •Technical leadership experience with engineering and other functional disciplines.•Proposal and earned value management experience. Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM degree. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Software (SW) & firmware Integrated Product Team Leadership (IPTL)
- Project planning and execution.
- SW & firmware requirements flow down and traceability.
- Developing Test Systems SW & firmware requirements, designs and conducting Table Top, Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Generating SW and firmware documentation (SRS, VDD, SDD).
- Assuring Product under test meets the design and performance requirements in accordance with the build plans, the User needs, and Customer expectations.
- Responsible for the overall product Integration, Validation, and Verification (IV&V) of the System.
- Directing individuals in the preparation of Test Plans, Integration Plans and Test Procedures.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 576314533Posted: 2020-09-28