POSITION TITLE: Deli Clerk
REPORTS TO: Deli Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To wait on the customers, in the deli, in a courteous manner and prepare orders to the customers satisfaction
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Slice, cut, weigh, and price merchandise in a courteous manner.
2) Prepare orders to customers satisfaction.
3) Unload deli merchandise and transport stock to storage areas.
4) Maintain shelves and keep cases filled at all times.
5) Control freshness by coding and rotating all products and remove out-of-code merchandise daily.
6) Price all products legibly and according to price book.
7) Maintain new items and weekly specials.
8) Promote new items and weekly specials.
9) Communicate temperature failure of cases and storage areas to manager in charge.
10) Observe policies and procedures established for the department.
11) Greet all customers and be observant.
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Maintain a regular cleaning and sanitation program in compliance with store, local, and state health regulations.
2) Assist in preparation of hot foods and all other foods.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must have strong communication skills for dealing with customers.
2) Must have basic math skills for weighing and pricing products.
3) Must have dexterity in hands to enable slicing and preparing of all deli products.
4) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to twenty percent (20%) of the time.
Posting ID: 525027371Posted: 2020-10-06