ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Execute and potentially assist Director of Activities plan and implement activities in the following categories: physical (exercise), social, recreational, intellectual/educational, creative, entertainment, religious, service/volunteering and special requests of the residents.
2. Assist in organizing and facilitating a committee of residents to plan and implement the activity program.
3. Facilitate socialization among residents.
4. Invite and/or remind residents to participate in planned activities.
5. Promote activities in a way that piques residents' interest.
6. Chaperone activities outside the facility.
7. Conduct/Lead activities as needed.
8. Help Director of Activities train, support and instruct other staff members to conduct activities.
9. Assist in completing the activity assessment for each resident within one week after move-in. Update annually.
10. Provide input into each resident's assistance plan.
11. Help coordinate and implement decoration of the facility for special events, seasons and holidays.
12. Identify and requisition needed supplies for planned activities.
13. Help coordinate with the kitchen food needs for scheduled activities.
14. Assist with planning and implementing marketing events that promote the facility to potential residents.
15. Assist in developing a monthly calendar and newsletter.
16. Maintain a schedule for the company vehicle.
17. Maintain a schedule for use of the common areas.
18. Arrange transportation for activity outings and regularly-scheduled group trips if needed.
19. Assist in serving meals and bussing tables during and after mealtimes as needed.
20. Accept on-call responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
21. Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure smooth operation of the program and to meet residents' needs.
1. Adhere to and carry out all Bellaire policies and procedures.
2. Adhere to and carry out all regulations set forth for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities.
3. Adhere to Rights and responsibilities of residents of assisted living facilities.
4. Report any on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
5. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families and visitors.
6. Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
7. Promote Bellaire Assisted Living in a positive way.
8. Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
9. Maintain compliance with all regulatory and mandatory Bellaire trainings. (i.e. Relias, CPR and 1st Aid, In-Services & All Staff Meetings)
1. OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
2. Fire and safety procedures
3. Food-handling regulations
4. Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine) and office equipment (FAX machine, photocopier, telephone, computer)
5. Operation of computer programs necessary to produce newsletter
1. Heated/Air-conditioned, well-lit facility with minimal barriers
2. Some weekend/evening work as assigned
1. Associate degree in recreational therapy or similar degree preferred
2. Experience in activity planning with older adults preferred
3. Experience and interest in working with older adults
4. Evidence of creativity
5. Demonstrated organizational skills
6. Mature, pleasant, friendly, and cheerful personality
7. Clean driving record (verified by MVR) and willingness to drive company vehicle to transport residents
1. Residents always come first, and their needs will be met unless
there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a
2. Employees will not work under the influence of mood-altering or
illegal drugs or alcohol.
3. Neat appearance, adherence to the dress code and good
personal hygiene is expected.