Implements and directs the property's sales activities in accordance with the Marketing Plan and assigned market segment; coordinates with other departments the service activities related to the sales function to maximize customer satisfaction and overall profitability.
Implements the sales activities within assigned market segment to achieve budgeted goals:
- Assists in the development of the annual sales goals.
- Reports to and appraises the results of the Sales Manager against planned objectives; recommends and takes appropriate action to maximize sales and effect valley periods; maintains story board.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and ensures assigned area operates within cost constraints.
- Maintains effective plans of correspondence.
Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business to meet overall assigned market segment's budgeted sales and profit margin:
- Qualifies prospective leads as to profitability.
- Develops data and recommends programs to meet a client's needs.
- Negotiates with client to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business to ensure customer satisfaction and property profit:
- Reviews sales work file of assigned accounts to maintain a proper flow of information within the hotel.
Assists in developing and executes projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel Marking Plan to increase sales volume and profitability:
- Analyzes sales statistics to recommend policy.
- Conducts market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc.
- Develops/executes package plans, special sales activities, promotions, public relations activities and materials, advertising, etc.
Participates as required in solving problems with other departments related to booked business:
- Problems of accommodation and function space conflicts.
- Salvaging of accounts, which threaten cancellation.
- Affects compromise between customer needs and property facilities.
Contact customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat bookings, and referrals.
Follows up on progress of groups booked, such as room night pick-up, rooming lists and cut-off dates, with the Front Office Management to insure maximum occupancy on a daily basis.
Enhances the property's community image and stays abreast of competition, new developments, and sales methods and techniques in the hospitality industry to maximize profitability.
Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among company associates and to promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
Prepares reports, as requested, to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities:
Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image of NHG and the resort. Works to achieve objectives, public recognition and acceptance.
Keeps the General Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming
Educational/Vocational Preparation: Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant management or Marketing. A combination of vocational sales training and /or on the job training may substitute for bachelor's degree.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand/walk for significant periods. Requires ability to travel frequently to outside companies, sales seminars, and conferences. Requires ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and members of the hotel staff. Requires ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holiday and unusual hours.
Environmental Conditions: Inside25% and Outside 75% performing sales calls.
Essential Skills: Requires familiarity with applicable franchise standards and procedures. Must possess knowledge, skill, and ability in hotel/resort sales, to include the development of sales goals, budgeting, forecasting, development of marketing plan, design of client programs, knowledge of room rates, function space rates and availability, knowledge of all market segments. Requires written communication skills. Must possess ability to professionally represent the property both to the guests and to the surrounding community.
Educational/Vocational Preparation: Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant management or Marketing. A combination of vocational sales training and /or on the job training may substitute for bachelor’s degree.
Posting ID: 53277961Posted: 2020-07-14