We have a part-time opening for a Physician Assistant-Certified.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
Under the general supervision of the Radiologist, the ideal candidate will perform diagnostic and therapeutic interventional radiology procedures, as well as assist the radiologist as a practitioner during procedures. Actively participate in the management of patient care throughout the patients visit including admission, pre-procedure physical and evaluation and post procedure monitoring. Collaborates with the attending Interventional Radiologist to manage the daily workflow of the Interventional Radiology patient schedule. The candidate must demonstrate high level of organizational skill, the ability to multi-task in a busy hospital setting. Outstanding patient care and communication skills are required.
- Actively participate in the management of patient care throughout the patients visit including admission, pre-procedure physical and evaluation and post-procedure monitoring.
- Issue appropriate prescriptions and administer medication
- Inform physicians about any problems or discrepancies that might arise
- Acquire and review patient histories identifying abnormal conditions
- Monitor patients' progress and keep records of treatments, surgeries or other medical events
- Respond to emergencies within the Radiology Department
- Provide assistance to radiologist during interventional radiologic procedures
- Under the supervision of the attending physician, perform diagnostic and therapeutic interventional radiologic procedures
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for the patients
- Comply strictly with medical care regulations and safety standards
- Collaborate effectively with team members to facilitate patient care and the patient schedule
- Hospital procedure experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical guidelines and procedures regarding examination, therapy and recovery
- Familiarity with advancements in medical technology and current know-how
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Caring and compassionate
- Team player with good communication skills
- BSc/MA in Physician Assistant Studies, Health Science or Medical Science
- CT State Physician Assistant License, Controlled Substance License and Radiation Protection Certification training required
- ACLS Certification required
Posting ID: 35079412Posted: 2020-02-19