POSITION TITLE: Grocery Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Director and Assistant Store Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - 47 Hours
To direct and manage all facets of the grocery department in a manner designed to obtain maximum sales, productivity, and profits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Achieve necessary sales and profit goals as projected.
2) Supervise and train all grocery department personnel to perform assignments according to department needs, while maintaining effective employee relations.
3) Assure proper ordering and allocation of merchandise to maintain an in-stock and in-code position.
4) To insure accurate billing and pricing of all incoming products.
5) Become knowledgeable of and review management reports related to assistant store director's job function.
6) Submit required orders/grocery surveys to office on schedule.
7) Order necessary supplies for department on a regular basis.
8) Take care of damaged and distressed merchandise according to policy.
9) Help maintain proper stock levels and to help present the store in a way which gives an image of a store that is clean, neat and well stocked.
10) Be of assistance to other departments to see that their department are operating efficiently.
11) Responsible for maintenance and security within the grocery department.
12) Greet all customers to our store and be observant.
13) Maintain a neat personal appearance according to the company's dress code policy.
14) Directly oversee the entire 3rd shift operation including the productivity of all 3rd shift associates.
15) Calculate piece counts for all clerks as a productivity measure.
16) Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Direct and monitor entire store operation in the absence of Store Director and Assistant Store Director approximately fifteen percent (15%) to twenty percent (20%) of the scheduled shift.
2) Maintain a file for weekly sales plans (records quantities sold). Recap and advise store manager of seasonal merchandise sold.
3) Work on the 3rd shift as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
1) High school education required.
2) Should have at least three years experience working in the supermarket industry.
3) Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, employees and vendors.
4) Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, gross margins, percentages, proportions, ratios, volume to apply concepts of basic algebra.
5) Ability to verify vendor invoices, counts, and to complete required accounting reports including inventory and receiving.
6) Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.) approximately seventy percent (70%) of the time.
7) Must have the ability to retrieve and place merchandise on the top racks in the grocery aisles for proper storage. The top racking process may be 20% of the time working in the aisles during the shift.
Posting ID: 525027431Posted: 2020-07-14