We are looking for a professional Accountant to join our Hattiesburg client's team!
- Responsible for the overall processing of invoices and payments.
- Maintain vendor relationships and management of the staff and processes within the accounts payable function.
- Oversee the day to day processing and resolve issues within the A/P Department
- Monitor backlog and processing of invoices/checks within the department
- Review of processing problems and taking corrective action to resolve issues.
- Conducting performance appraisals and handling all staffing issues working with H/R.
- Responsible for the establishment of new forms and controls within the AP Department.
- Responsible for the training of staff members within the department and the training of those who manage systems in the field.
- Establish and maintain AP invoice process:
- Prepare, review and report weekly productivity reports including: Aging report, check register report, stale check report)
- Back up AP staff
- Prepare monthly rents and other recurring (non-invoiced) transactions for processing.
- Process void checks and stop pays in the Accounting system and bank
- Review and resolve stale check items on bank recons and prepare escheatment to state when unable to reissue/resolve with vendor
- Work with accountants/other departments and resolve issues.
- Work with outside auditors and various state auditors.
- Obtain W-9 forms from vendors, record and upload into Accounting system
- Process 1099 reports and forms at year end.
- Work with Finance & Accounting, Operations Department and other leaders to keep national vendors current and set-up new vendors.
- Research problem and past due accounts.
- Review statements and invoices that come to corporate
- 3 years accounting experience in large finance department performing accounts payable, review of general ledger.
- Knowledge of compliance with all applicable tax and finance laws.
- Preferred experience in a healthcare setting.
- Software: Sage Intacct, Microsoft Office
All compensation and pay rates are dependent upon skills and experience.
PrideStaff is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): BOE
Posting ID: 583457574Posted: 2020-12-12