Kelly Science and Clinical is working with an employer in Manassas that is seeking a couple of Animal Husbandry Technicians to support the Biomedical Research Lab by providing care for various animals such as ferrets, hamsters, and rabbits. In this role, you will assist primarily in the Biosafety Level 2 and Biosafety Level 3 vivarium operations These are 40+ hour per week contract positions (6 months) that could go long term and or to full time.
- Daily laboratory animal monitoring, feeding, and housing maintenance;
- Maintain detailed study and animal health records;
- Assist with technical procedures as required;
- Receive and properly house incoming animal shipments according to facility Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Provide vivarium support to include operating autoclaves, rack washers, general cagewash support, and maintaining facility sanitizing schedules;
- Dispose of waste according to facility SOPs;
- Assist with receipt, stocking, and inventory of facility supplies;
- Report any abnormalities to Animal Facility Supervisor and/or Attending Veterinarian.
- Complete any additional duties as assigned by the Animal Facility Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Animal Science preferred
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays as assigned;
- Must have the ability to be flexible in schedule and workload
- Experience working with Ferrets is required, hamsters and rabbits preferred
NOTE: Please submit resume in MS WORD format
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Posting ID: 606000230Posted: 2021-02-27