Voted Best Mexican Restaurant in Northern Virginia in 2017 and 2018 by Virginia Living Magazine, Zandra’sTaqueria is a Mexican restaurant offering handcrafted, gourmet tacos made with fresh, local ingredients. A lively atmosphere is complemented by live music on the weekend. Founded in 2014, Zandra’s has two locations in Old Town Manassas and City of Fairfax and is known for its community involvement, which includes hosting annual clothing drive benefiting Northern Virginia Family Services/SERVE.
Zandra’sTaqueria is always looking for experienced individuals to join our high-energy, dynamic, dedicated, and professional team!
Zandra’sTaqueria offers competitive wages, career growth, a festive work environment and more!
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server's primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again. Your individual personality should shine through - use it to your advantage. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you're there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Follow all ABC regulations.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready to clear and reset tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and be a problem solver.
- Ability to reach, bend, stop and frequently lift up 25 lbs. without assistance and 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Work in a hot and noisy environment.
- Must have high integrity and solid work ethic.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expected to work long hours during peak periods, evenings, and weekends.
- Having or obtaining a food handler’s and/or alcohol certification may be required.
- Must have front of the house experience.
Compensation Package: Zandra’sTaqueria offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include medical and dental insurance along with work place balance and dining privileges.
Zandra’sTaqueria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 580594486Posted: 2020-10-31