RN Staff Dialysis
***Call is required for position, 12 hour shifts, shift maybe start at 0700 or later depending on patient population***
Job Code: 1316
The Staff Registered Nurse assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care during the hemodialysis treatment. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Staff Registered Nurse's management of the delivery and documentation of patient care includes, but is not limited to the following:
* Assesses/re-assesses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care
* Develops, discusses, and communicates a realistic problem list (plan of care) for each patient
* Implements appropriate patient care interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient
* Evaluates patient care and reassess patient's responses in order to ensure overall quality of care delivered
* Maintains hemodialysis treatment record as related to the nursing process
* Supervises and coordinates other licenses and non-licensed personnel in the provision of care to patients as assigned
The Staff Registered Nurse reports to the Lead RN and Clinical Director of Acute dialysis.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections, communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. High degree of risk on an occasional basis in handling compressed gases and medical oxygen cylinders.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Associates or Bachelors degree in Nursing required
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state
* 12 months hospital bedside care as a Registered Nurse in a Medical-Surgical unit required; ICU experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English