Our CDL Route Driver will locally transport finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plant and distribution center (roughly 10 miles round trip). During down time, the CDL driver will be required to assist in the warehouse loading/unloading product. This role will not just consist of driving; operating a forklift and assisting with warehouse duties will be necessary. A Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants and distribution center.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Comply with company rules, regulations, and safety practices as well as any local, state, or federal job-related regulations.
- Promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Ability to drive long hours
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- DOT Physical Examination and Medical Card required
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the member is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear, use hands and/or fingers to handle, touch objects assemble parts, utilize tools or controls
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, carrying and moving parts, materials, and product
- Ability to perform tasks at a standard velocity
- Must have hand and foot coordination to control and adjust equipment or tools
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess a high level of motivation
- A concern for quality and safety
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to sustain a steady work pace and follow a schedule
- Ability to withstand extreme heat during summer season, at times reaching over 100 degrees
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Posting ID: 605669815Posted: 2021-02-10