Cooper Construction Company is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to work full time in Flat Rock, NC. In this role you will plan and supervise a wide range of commercial construction projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints. Applicants must be well-versed in in all construction methodologies and procedures (ie: Design-Build, CM@Risk, Public Bid, Negotiated, etc.) and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Controlling the time, cost and quality of commercial construction projects.
· Planning and coordinating all aspects of the construction process, including hiring subcontractors and working with engineers, architects and vendors.
· Negotiating and writing contracts, purchase orders and change orders.
· Determining the scheduling of different phases of a construction project based on established deadlines.
· Overseeing and securing all permitting with local municipalities.
· Securing the delivery or materials and equipment to construction sites.
· Maintaining timely and accurate customer billing, including setting up a schedule of values, as well as correspondence with the customer both written, verbally as well as electronically.
· Confer with Building Superintendents to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
· Resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies, or other issues that may cause delays.
· Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and capabilities:
· Minimum 5 year proven experience in proper, safe, construction procedures – commercial construction experience preferred.
· BA in engineering, building science, construction management or relevant field.
· Must be detail-oriented, customer focused, organized; possess a sense of urgency.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and negotiation skills.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Ability to exercise prudent judgement in the absence of supervisors.
· Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality and sensitivity.
· Ability to be a team player with leadership abilities.
Cooper Construction offers competitive salary and benefits including commission opportunity, vacation, vehicle, health insurance and retirement. Qualified candidates should send in a resume, cover letter and three references.