Pi-Squared Pizza - Hendersonville, NC
Delivery Driver Job Description
Summary of Position:
The primary duty of a Pi-Squared Pizza Delivery Driver is to transport pizza and other food items from the restaurant to customers’ homes and offices. A Driver’s role entails receiving orders from customers, driving to the business or residence that placed the order, handing the food to the customer, and collecting payment, all while doing so in a friendly and customer service-oriented fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Package all pizzas and other products to be delivered to customers.
- Manage and maintain record of all money collected from customers and manage all credit card accounts and ensure appropriate signature on receipt.
- Assist to promote various products and monitor distribution of all promotional material.
- Wash dishes, operate pizza oven, assemble pizza boxes, sweep floors, perform closing tasks to company standards and wait on customers, both in person and over the phone.
- Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking using a variety of kitchen equipment. This includes (but is not limited to) washing, dicing, cutting, and slicing.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work and service area including prep tables, floors, shelves, walls, sinks, and refrigeration equipment.
- Greet customers with enthusiasm and provide friendly, quality customer service.
- Handle phone orders with professionalism and accurately collect information needed to complete order.
- Drive employee owned vehicle to deliver customer orders.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- Delivery drivers are required to be in uniform and ready to perform their duties upon clocking in to work their shift.
- Employee will be trained in several operational areas of Pi-Squared Pizza and is expected to perform multiple duties at any given time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and proof of insurance.
- Previous delivery driving experience is preferred, but not required.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex directions to specific physical locations.
- Ability to follow GSP instructions and road signs to arrive at the correct destination in a timely manner.
- Ability to add and subtract using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute change.
- Have exceptional grooming and hygiene habits.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested.
- Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments.
- Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu.
- Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line.
- Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location.
Posting ID: 45312526Posted: 2021-01-02