Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Contracts Administrator
for its corporate office in Fairfax, VA
. This position will provide contracting support to the various practice areas of the Dewberry enterprise, with a focus on the practice areas of engineering and architectural services for state and local governments.
Contracts Administrator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyzing RFP's for contractual risks and supporting bid teams. Interface with external customers and internal Dewberry customers such as project managers, and accounting and legal staff with focus on contract compliance, change order management, risk assessment, etc.
- Assist in the proposal development process, for state and local government contracts, identifying contractual issues and risks and proposing mitigation strategies to the required levels of management.
- Drafts contracts for engineering services projects, relying heavily on previous contracts as a resource for terms and conditions.
- Draft standard contracts from developed templates (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, file transfer agreements).
- Collaborates with appropriate Procurement personnel on project subcontract matters.
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client RFP's/RFQ's.
- Working across all programs and operations, administer contracts from initial request, through approvals and final execution.
- Maintain active contract list and contract tracking database. Manage and organize contract records, including contract modifications
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of contract administration experience is required
- Requires a working knowledge of industry business practices and contract administration principles, as well as some exposure to contract negotiations.
- Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration
- Ability to set up and organize databases, create checklists and other methods to prepare and maintain detailed records, reports and files.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.