The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Hardware Engineer will research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for government customer both on-site and at development facilities. Additionally, the Hardware Engineer will analyze equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design and determines feasibility from technical and economic perspectives. Supported activities and functions will include Release and Development Support, Software and Hardware Management and Control, and Services Support.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
- Under general direction, designs and develops equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, communications, and display.
- Coordinates and consults with research engineers or scientists and customer representatives to resolve design problems.
- Develops and maintains technical procedures, documentation and manuals.
- Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes.
- May supervise the work of technicians and technologists who provide technical support.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).