Bethesda, MD (preferred) or New York City area
MLT equips and emboldens high-achieving African American, Latino/a and Native American women and men to realize their full potential, to make a mark and make a difference. Launched in 2002, MLT is a nonprofit organization that is transforming the career and life trajectories of a new generation of diverse leaders - while expanding the talent pipelines at more than 130 leading businesses, social-sector organizations, and universities. MLT has convened a uniquely powerful and vibrant community of Rising Leaders - well over 7,000 and growing - who are propelling change throughout our institutions, communities, and nation.
Drawing on the insights from our extensive repository of learnings about diverse talent and best practices, MLT developed an advisory offering to help best-in-class organizations craft and implement winning diversity recruiting, retention, and advancement strategies. We advise leaders about strategies to achieve more diverse organizations and ultimately drive economic mobility for underrepresented talent across America.
The Managing Director is responsible for building and running MLT's Advisory Services practice, which leverages MLT's insights and experience to help partner organizations build and execute more effective diversity strategies. The Managing Director plays a leadership role, along with MLT's CEO and VP Strategy, to shape the direction of MLT's Advisory Services practice, building team capabilities and capacity, building MLT's thought leadership in the field, and delivering solutions for clients.
The Managing Director is responsible for managing and growing MLT's Advisory Services practice. The Managing Director oversees and shapes solutions delivered to MLT clients, provides strategic direction and leadership for the team within the course of client projects, interfaces with and advises senior executives to foster meaningful client relationships, drives the growth and direction of MLT's Advisory Services practice, and helps MLT build scalable and repeatable solutions / processes. The Managing Director also helps shape and oversee the execution of significant portions of MLT's research and insights agenda.
Client Service (40%)
- Applies expansive knowledge of MLT, and vetted external, D&I research to help solve high-value business problems for clients at the executive or enterprise level
- Participates in and provides feedback during internal checkpoint meetings and other client project stages; supports the consulting team in diagnosing issues and delivering insight and value to clients
- Engages senior-level executives at current client organizations by building trusted advisory relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, and identifying relevant resources
Team Growth and Management (20%)
- Oversees Advisory Services team and work products created by team
- Manages team workflows in partnership with Director, Advisory Services
- Determines future team needs and oversees hiring and recruiting
- Grows team capacity and capabilities
Business Growth (20%)
- Develops business growth strategy for Advisory Services
- Drives business development meetings in conjunction with MLT's executive and partnership team
- Identifies and executes industry call plans, cultivating new partnerships for Advisory Services on behalf of MLT
- Help shape the strategy and direction for MLT's Advisory Services practice
Thought Leadership (20%)
- Assumes a leadership role in defining the research agenda and in product development activities
- Actively shapes the direction of ongoing research and product creation projects
- Builds or guides the consulting team in developing thought leadership products, as needed with MLT's Marketing/Communications and Technology/Analytics teams