Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) (230089)
Requisition ID: 230089
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Bechtel IS&T is seeking a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to lead our Information Security Team. The CISO is the most senior information protection office of the company, and will be based in the Reston, VA. This position will be responsible for ensuring Bechtel has the right strategy, policies, processes and practices defined to the needs of the business. The successful candidate will support and manage the Information Security Team while driving the implementation of the IT Security Strategy and protecting the business from cybersecurity threats.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees and directs the management of the Information Security function to ensure the development and advancement of the information security program.
- Leads the management of information security resources throughout the organization, ensuring the protection of the organization's intellectual property.
- Develop and maintain clear cyber security policies and validate an integrated and consistent approach to implementation across the enterprise.
- Ensures policies, processes and technologies proactively protect the enterprise from cyber threats.
- Conducts a continuous assessment of IT security practices and technologies to identify areas for improvement.
- Manage projects to implement security initiatives, including delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions.
- Create an organization that attracts and retains top talent in the information security function.
- Ensure that compliance and governance is met; alignment with information security standards.
- Directs strategic and tactical planning and execution of cyber security programs, including the development and delivery of information security awareness and training.
- Engages with functional managers including staff meetings, business / operational reviews, overhead program budgets.
- Foster the development of relationships with information security professionals in other companies, as well as with academic institutions and professional associations in the field and supports the organization's participation in external activities such as external boards or governing body committees.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 15+ years' experience in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience of 21+ years' in Information Technology in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of experience working in Information Security Management.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role, including information security planning, scheduling, assignment, and monitoring of staff and resources.
- Proven CISO experience in a large multi-business company - ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries - familiarity with working in a large matrix structured organization preferred.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to serve as an effective member of a senior management team, and to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical management and staff.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strategic thinker able to set a roadmap for transformation and growth.
- Advanced Degree and/or Accredited Training (CISSP, CAP, SSCP, CISA, CISM, GSNA, GSEC, GSSP, etc.).
- Senior information technology leadership experience in the Engineering and Construction industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing an engineering-centric Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Cloud-based infrastructure to support distributed and remote working.
- Prior Private Family Office cybersecurity experience is desired.
- Must be adept at developing senior management presentations, enterprise communications, and whitepapers which are logical and concise with only general guidance from the CISO and others to support senior executive reviews and initiatives.
- Must be proficient in leading cross-functional teams of senior employees to achieve objectives.
- Should be adept at dealing with senior executives and constructively challenging ideas and products to achieve desired results.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting ID: 564763682Posted: 2020-08-04