Direct and manage the activities at a bakery by overseeing the work of employees, ordering supplies, making schedules and marketing products. In addition to those duties and responsibilities.
Need to have the knowledge and skills to bake cakes, breads and pastries
Bakery Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the bakery is adequately stocked with quality baking ingredients and supplies.
- Ensuring that baking tools, utensils, and equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Developing and implementing advertising and marketing strategies to attract new customers.
- Creating suitable work schedules for staff members.
- Appraising staff performance and carrying out the necessary disciplinary measures to address poor performance.
- Training staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
- Strategically arranging bakery items in display cases to encourage customer purchases.
- Inspecting bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
Bakery Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry Arts is advantageous.
- Proven experience managing a bakery.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of different baking techniques.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Posting ID: 558081364Posted: 2020-05-28