We are currently seeking a Fabrication Supervisor to join a growing team. Must have experience and knowledge of metal fabrication.
The Fab Department Supervisor will be a leader and subject-matter-expert in the manufacturing process of general fabrication/welding/cutting/forming etc. He or she will provide motivational leadership and will maintain a team for the plant floor that will produce and deliver on time a high quality product that meets all the customer requirements in the most efficient and profitable method. They will be responsible for working with the scheduler to insure that skilled people, material and equipment are all continuously ready for efficient production. The supervisor will also uphold a safe working environment and will implement ISO/Lean Manufacturing concepts into daily projects. He or she will be goal-driven and will assist in developing and implementing continuous improvement programs using team orientation skills.
They will report directly to the Production Superintendent.
- Minimum of high school diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of related managerial experience desirable but not a requirement for the right (trainable and motivated) person
- Must possess OUTSTANDING communication skills both verbal and written
- Have mechanical and special aptitude
- Ability to monitor production
- Educate team on results and methods to improve production performance
- Ability to operate manual and automated production equipment
- General knowledge of ISO, Kaizen/LEAN Manufacturing concepts
- Ability to maintain the highest level of safety, housekeeping, productivity and quality with minimal supervision
- Able to stand for periods up to 10 hours
- Skilled with establishing and maintaining records
· Capable of assigning work to employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety, quality, and output
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
The Fabrication Supervisor is responsible for managing hourly production personnel involved in fabrication operations. He or she ensures the machinery and people functioning correctly. This position requires regular and reliable attendance to meet production needs. The position requires following all ISO/Lean Manufacturing standards.
- Leads, directs, and controls flow of work with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
- Assesses all orders prior to acceptance for production and provides feedback to sales as to ability to make part as designed prior to beginning work.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports, in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Communicates expectations to shop floor personnel.
- Converses with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Develops and trains personnel.
- Monitors production and insures standards/estimates are met.
- Insures that all standard operating procedures are followed.
- Maintains operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Monitors safety and keeps areas clean and organized.
- Recommends personnel actions such as hiring and promotions and or continuation of employement.
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Enforces safety and sanitation regulations.
- Plans and develops new products and production processes.
- Appraises performance of subordinates against position responsibilities and established goals, plans and standards.
- Required to perform other duties as directed, assigned and requested.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skill, willingness to learn, speed of learning and personal motivation. Incentives will be awarded monthly for meeting goal and yearly for profitable performance.
US Enhanced Personnel is a licensed and certified staffing firm seeking to transform the staffing industry by bringing innovation and personalization to companies and candidates. We make finding excellent employees easy for you. We make finding the right job a personal and simple task.
Posting ID: 558433066Posted: 2020-05-30