Old Edwards Inn and Spa, a Four-Star luxury resort in the mountains of Western North Carolina, is seeking a Catering Manager. If you have skills, experience, passion, and the demeanor to serve as part of an award-winning guest-services team in a world-class luxury hospitality environment, you could be a candidate for this position.
If you love positively impacting people's lives with your warmth, caring and genuine passion for serving others, then you would be a great fit with our team. The perfect candidate displays a demeanor of calm control throughout any situation and pride his or herself on smoothly, discreetly, and efficiently handling challenges, all the while making the guests feel like they are the center of your world. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in handling his or herself in a high-end hospitality environment. If you pride yourself on reading people and tailoring your communication style and demeanor to match what they need when they arrive and throughout their stay, then Old Edwards might be the perfect environment for you.
This position can be extremely busy, chaotic and even stressful. The ability to prioritize, multi- task and remain calm under pressure is a necessary job requirement. It is the Catering Managers job to assist in making sure all events are running smoothly, all clients are taken care of, and all groups in-house have everything that they need or request with a sense of urgency. The culture of the department and its success hinges on all team members working together at all times. We are only looking for a candidate that is a team player. Overall, while the job can be stressful at times, it is extremely rewarding.
Job Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent people skills and being comfortable working in front of groups and on the phone with clients
• Meeting or exceeding personal goals set forth by the Director of Sales
• Work with the team to meet or exceed the budgeted annual sales goal
• Act as liaison between the client and the property; coordinating with each department as to their specific role for the events scheduled
• Prepare communication reports for various departments on a daily & weekly basis.
• Respond to clients, vendors, and staff needs in a courteous professional time frame and manner.
• Responsible for the effective review, planning, communication, coordination, and execution of contractual terms, i.e. B.E.O., Resumes and reports of all assigned files in compliance with all checklists, standards and policies
• Have an outstanding ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
• Responsible for maintenance, retention, and enhancement of revenue management for the group
including room block management, meeting room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process
• Schedule and participate in and/or conduct pre-conference meetings and post-event master account review meetings with appropriate staff and customer
• Ability to manage the assigned workload to not only handle typical file planning activity for future meeting/events, but simultaneously and successfully handle groups which have catering, activity and accommodation needs
• Utilize Delphi software system to process accounts, bookings, meeting space requirements, banquet event orders and enter activities
• Provide information concerning various amenities and off-site attractions to clients
• Plan and conduct site visits and planning meetings for definite groups.
• Have a creative aesthetic and overview to be able to meet the client's needs
• Be a participative member of the team by being involved in projects, committees, and task forces by providing input and suggestions within the structure of the company
• Be proactive with incidents and issues ensuring immediate resolution with clients, guests, and fellow employees
• Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner
• Exhibit sound decision-making, motivation, high morale, and professional behaviors
• Demonstrate high levels of quality service and service skills on a consistent basis both with internal and external clients
• Conduct special projects when asked and finish on the assigned deadline
• Maintain the required confidential nature of any situation being handled
• Have fun!
A hallmark of this job is that during certain points of the year it will mean working occasional long days and sometimes even a long work week. It is critical that the candidate be WILLING and ABLE to work a flexible schedule, and pitch in whenever needed. This includes most weekends throughout the year, early mornings, late evenings, and some holidays.
Old Edwards is a privately owned, golf and spa resort with a close-knit family culture. We offer a competitive benefits package, as well as subsidized employee housing options, employee trips and activities, employee use of amenities during designated times/dates/seasons of the year, and employee discounts at the respective venues. Highlands is a haven for mountain recreation, private golf clubs, shopping, dining, live music and arts in the scenic southwest corner of North Carolina. If you have values of service, honestly, integrity, and a passion for what you do, we encourage you to apply for the position and become an integral part of our family at Old Edwards Inn & Spa.
This job requires quick thinking, responses, and resolutions. It requires someone that has great initiative and ownership in their role and not afraid of conflict resolution or giving/receiving constructive criticism. Must be able to operate in stressful situations
• Must attend to multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to travel if required
• Must be willing to adjust schedule based on business demands
• Must have clear speaking voice and good telephone etiquette
• Must have the ability to write clearly and grammatically correct with finesse
• Must be able to respond to visual, social, and auditory cues
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands: