Responsible for all activities associated with stacking sheets from the corrugator including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
- Count and verify unit and inch counts of units.
- Adheres to all quality standards and ensures jobs are run correctly and efficiently.
- Mount cutting die if necessary while on the previous run
- Ensure proper load tags are in each unit.
- Adheres to the production schedule.
- Open machine/lockout machine
- Follows LOTO procedure.
- Ensures the machine is clear of personnel, equipment, tools, and any miscellaneous debris before starting the machine.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Relay messages to proper personnel promptly regarding necessary adjustments.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
- May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Exposure to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled(EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled) Employer, it is the Company's policy to hire and promote the most qualified applicants and to comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.REM-03 WS-03
Shift start: 3:00PM or 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 12 hours
Monday - Friday
Pratt Industries is recycled packaging and paper and corrugated packaging company. Based in Georgia, Pratt supplies three of the most modern, cost-effective 100% recycled paper mills, one being at there Conyers' Campus as well as in New York City, New York and Shreveport, Louisiana. Their supply chain continues through a series of full-line corrugated box factories, display facilities, and sheet plants.