Reports to: Vice President
Directs the Service Department ensuring we have all necessary resources required to meet the Service Level Agreements we have entered in an ethical manner while focusing on profitability. Ensures Key Performance Indicators are performed and exceeded by Corporate directives.
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency and training requirements.
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Maintains communications with our clients ensure we are meeting their needs as agreed upon in the SLA.
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability.
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely operational flow and maintain minimal issues.
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met.
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by your employees
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations
- Review warranty invoices, making sure that valid warranty issues are being addressed to vendor, parts, field materials and labor
- All other duties as assigned
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
This position manages all employees of the Service Department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days typically Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but you can expect to receive calls outside this timeframe.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Five years Management related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some post-high school education from college, trade school or military
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and general software navigation
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate Service Department personnel to be better tomorrow than they are today
- A top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in himself and in others
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 542845295Posted: 2020-07-14