Copyright Avalon Health Care 2018 | (801) 596-8844 | 206 North 2100 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Regional Director of Business Development and Marketing
Company Name Avalon Health Care Management, Inc. - Support Service Center
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Requisition Post Information* : External Company Name Avalon Health Care Group
Hiring Org - Avalon Avalon Health Care Group
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc. is seeking a Regional Director of Business Development and Marketing.
The Regional Director of Business Development serves as the externally focused strategic and tactical leader for census development and relationship management that drives census and alliance development for the entire region.
The role includes acting as a consultant, coach, mentor, and dotted line supervisor for the care center level Directors of Community Relations and Admissions Coordinators.
Business Development Planning
- In collaboration with the VP of Marketing and Regional Vice President, implement a regional business development plan.
- In collaboration with the VP of Marketing, RVP and care center Administrator, create and implement a business development plan for each care center.
- Analyze each care center's market opportunities and produce measurable growth in census market share for each care center in the region.
- On a monthly basis, provide the VP of Marketing, RVP and Administrators with an external party's business development visitation matrix and calendar review which defines the business purpose and ROI of each activity and define a clean link to the business development and marketing plan.
- Conduct monthly Business Development meetings with each Administrator, Director of Community Relations and Admissions Coordinator to review census development and upcoming activities for the care center.
- Conduct monthly Regional Business Development meeting with the RVP to review census development progress and to develop plans and strategies for the upcoming quarter to maintain or exceed budgeted census.
- Develop and implement a plan to expand the Region's referral base through enhancing the alliance of service providers.
- Evaluate niche marketing opportunities based on discussion with alliances and competitor analysis.
- Routinely complete a competitor analysis to understand market trends, new entrants, etc.
- Complete and/or coordinate the development of rigorous market analysis of the demographics and market opportunities for each care center.
- Facilitate the use of strategic marketing messages, community education, and alliance development to drive business outcomes.
Health Care Market
- Coordinate legislative and lobbying agenda, contacts, efforts with Corporate and RVP.
- Coordinate Special Events.
- Collaborate with Director of Community Relations and Admissions Coordinators to expand the volunteer program, involvement from civic groups, schools, churches.
- Create community partnerships through resident life enhancements, "Quality of Life Committees," and culture change efforts.
- Collaborate with the Directors of Community Relations and/or Admission Coordinator to develop and implement Community Advisory Boards for each care center.
Patient/ Care Center
- Developing, initiating, and maintaining relationships across network of health care providers in community.
- Maintain relationships with local health care associations.
- Develop relationship and build the organizational knowledge base of the payee and payer markets in the regional and local community level.
- Serve as the key strategic resource for the RVP and care center in-alliance development activities.
- Perform "first impression" rounds in facilities on the monthly basis and provide written feedback to the RVP and each Administrator. Monitor remediation efforts and action plan implementation from the "first impression" rounds.
- Coach and mentor Director of Community Relations and Admissions Coordinators.
- Ensure timely initial patient/family contact post-referral and work with facilities to develop a processing for inviting families for tours, etc.
- Work with each care center to ensure that the Avalon Toolbox is utilized effectively in each care center.
- Conduct appropriate market analysis, especially focused on census and referral trends and patterns.
- Conduct viability studies for programs and facilities.
- Coordinate and report the track and trending of referrals.
- Complete conversion analysis.
- Prepare tracking reports that evaluate outcomes for marketing.
- Conduct analysis of managed care contracts and referral patterns with involvement from RVP and VP of Procurement.
- Coordinating SWOT and competitor profile analysis for each care center.
- Maintain and analyze an "accepted/not admitted" report for each care center.
- Track and analyze discharge patterns for each care center.
- Analysis of core competencies by building and by profession in each market as compared to market demand and need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, nursing or related field (Masters Strongly preferred)
- 7- 10 years of strategic marketing experience, ideally in the health care field
- Demonstrated success with business, review or census grow th in previous work roles
- Demonstrated success in working with multiple stakeholders to accomplish business outcomes
- Demonstrated capability in the areas of relationship development, analytics, market analysis and/or strategic planning
- Existing relationships with HMO's and/or referral sources strongly preferred
- Existing knowledge of long-term care/skilled nursing strongly preferred
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.