Nexion affiliates operate 39 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
Medical Records Specialist Job Summary
The primary purpose of the Medical Records Specialist position is to maintain the facility medical records and health information system in accordance with Federal and State guidelines, as well as in accordance with our established policies and procedures, to assure a complete and accurate medical records system is maintained.
Medical Records Job Responsibilities
- Organizes, plans and directs the medical record section for effective and efficient processing and storage of facility medical records and computerized medical records programs in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Input data into resident charts
- Performs periodic reviews and audits of all medical records in the facility, including current and discharged residents.
- Collects charts, assembles them in proper order and inspects them for completion; ensures incomplete records/charts are reported to proper department for correction
- Provides information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid and regulatory agency reports
- Provides regular reports on status of facility medical records to the Administrator and Quality Assurance staff; collects, assembles, and complies reports for review as requested.
- Supports program development activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental/facility meetings, as required.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adjusting to change and customer expectations; meets company standards relating to deadline and attendance.
- Establishes and maintains exemplary standards for department appearance and staff presentment, ensures compliance with company and facility policies and procedures.
- Participates in indirect resident care activities as warranted.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, which reduce cost and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to residents, families, visitors, physicians, administrators and coworkers.
- Performs other duties or functions as directed.
- Health Informatics education is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of medical terminology.
- At least 1 year previous experience in Medical Records.
- Knowledge of regulator standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and to function independently.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.) used in job functions.
We offer our Medical Records Specialists:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits package
- Opportunity to make a difference
Posting ID: 548121269Posted: 2020-07-14