The Host should greet each guest as he or she enters the restaurant. Similarly, the Host should acknowledge each guest as he or she leaves the restaurant. Greetings should be appropriate and friendly, indicating a positive, upbeat attitude, and displaying a sense of urgency relating to guest satisfaction.
In addition, the Host:
- Works closely with the Bus Team and the Servers to ensure tables are being cleaned and set up efficiently, so guests will not wait any longer than necessary for a clean table.
- Interacts with waiting guests, and while seating guests.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the guests' waiting area.
- Seats guests evenly throughout the restaurant except in the event of customer request.
- Brings menus, silverware, boosters, chairs, etc. to the table, while seating guests.
- Answers the telephone.
- Takes "to go" orders.
- Operates the cash register.
- Runs the waitlist for guests.
- Makes a conscious effort to foresee any special items a guest may require; assists with accommodation of special guest needs.
- Performs end-of-the-day duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Weekend Availability Required*
Must have reliable transportation
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Walk and stand throughout the entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe.
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs
- Frequently wash hands
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures
- Must report to work in a neat, clean uniform and present a well-groomed, hygienic appearance
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, management and coworkers.
- Must possess basic math, reading and writing skills
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must have knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- A daytime schedule with no night shifts -- ever
- Competitive pay (Commensurate with experience)
- Excellent training
We try not to take ourselves too seriously, but there are a few things we look for in our employees:
- Passion for fresh food and customer satisfaction
- Unfailing work ethic and integrity
- Professional presentation and demeanor
Posting ID: 49199936Posted: 2020-02-19