This position is responsible for providing support to outside sales representatives and to deal with builders, customers or prospects who contact BGS in all areas relating to lumber and building material inquiries, orders, order entry, pricing, scheduling, delivery dates, and responding to customer questions and complaints.
- Contact customers and prospects to arrange appointments or to update them on the status of an order or a delivery.
- Provide outside sales representatives with details of customers' orders and requests for quotations, and make them aware of any problems likely to affect customer relationships.
- Handle telephone calls or acknowledge customers' e-mails or letters for outside sales representatives.
- Handle incoming orders from outside sales representatives.
- Enter details of the order on BGS' computer system and check that it includes the correct price, discount level and product requirements.
- Check stock availability or production schedules and forward the order details to production and distribution departments.
- Send an acknowledgment to the customer and email or phone with updates on order fulfillment and delivery.
- Create and maintain customer records, updating details when contacts change or when customers request quotations or place orders.
- Log any customer problems or complaints on the record so that outside sales representatives and managers have a complete picture of the customers' interactions with BGS.
- Previous lumber or building supplies experience strongly desired.
- 3-5 years of experience with sales, sales support or customer service preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Experience using various third party building supplier system applications desired.
- Excellent administrative, clerical, record-keeping and computing skills are essential.
- Demonstrated attention to detail (i.e., ability to enter customers' requests accurately and issue clear instructions to other departments).
- Must have good interpersonal skills to deal with builders and customers and collaborate with outside sales and other departments.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal politely and effectively with builders and customers' inquiries or complaints.
Posting ID: 564543355Posted: 2020-07-31