Granger Construction is a leader in the construction industry and strives to Advance the Art of Building. By employing the most innovative people, technologies and techniques, we deliver projects that exceed owner expectations in regards to all facets of exceptional customer service.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Lansing, MI headquarters. The Administrative Assistant will provide daily support to our Preconstruction department and other internal customers on a variety of critical business and operational initiatives. The incumbent will also be part of an administrative team that shares some work in common.
- Provide general administrative assistance. May assist with written communication and correspondence; keeping schedules and calendars; meeting coordination and scheduling; monitoring electronic and hard copy mail; report compilation.
- Support preconstruction and job start-up, including but not limited to: formatting, branding, and packaging of estimates; maintenance of bidder's list; assist with drafting and distributing subcontracts and AIA's.
- Serves as internal SPOC for construction project-related software tools.
- Assists with metrics tracking and dashboard management.
- Plans events and meetings, including coordination of attendees, agenda planning, document preparation, room arrangements, and refreshments.
- Provide stand-by support of both the reception and mail operations functions.
- An associate's or bachelor's degree is desired.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the construction industry is desired.
- Knowledge of construction-specific software such as Viewpoint, PlanGrid, CostX, and Building Connected is helpful, but not required.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF file format manipulation software.
- Strong orientation toward service to fellow employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively address issues.
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks, follow-through and meet deadlines.
Granger Construction Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), wellness benefits, continuing education and training. Granger Construction Company maintains a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 567757121Posted: 2020-08-13