has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Regional Safety Specialist
to join our growing organization. You will partner with outlying locations to ensure the division's compliance with Environmental and Safety Regulations, Policy and Procedures. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be able to influence change, and be a self-starter. You must have a high level of integrity and ethics.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Focus on proactive activities designed to protect human health and safety, protect the communities where we are located and control potential financial losses due to compliance and safety related problems.
- Train and/or facilitate training for location safety leaders, at multiple locations, with best-in-class safety programs and in creating and enforcing safety culture.
- Set benchmarking criteria, determine best system for tracking and reporting to management, and ensure reports are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Review incident investigations and reports to conduct root cause analysis, develop corrective actions, and oversee the implementation of those corrective actions.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions in the workplace.
- Oversee and provide input with the development of training material.
- Collaborate with safety team and managers in response to audit and loss control inspections; ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Evaluate safety scorecard and conduct analysis of business unit(s) to create and provide input for strategic direction of the overall safety program.
- Train and conduct safety audit and site inspections, report writing, root cause analysis, and corrective action recommendations
- Present at monthly safety leader update meeting and develop material for the annual safety leader conference
- Provide management with periodic reports and updates on division's progress and safety team's progress.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor's degree in Ag Business, Industrial Safety or other safety related degree program
- Safety Certification (CSP)
- 5 years safety experience in a cooperative or operational environment to include:
- Implementing safety programs and conducting incident investigations
- Conducting safety audits and/or working with safety auditors
- Working knowledge of agricultural industry
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Auto req ID
- Master's degree in a safety program
- Experience at an agricultural cooperative with grain or agronomy operations
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.Minimum Years of Experience Required
LE - Ag Business Country Ops State/Province
Colorado Minimum Education Required
ACTIVE FULL TIME Career Type
Safety / Regulatory Compliance