Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. If you are selected to move forward, next steps may involve virtual connections and may take longer than normal. Interview timing may be delayed and will vary by site. Your patience and flexibility are appreciated.
Are you seeking a driver position that allows you to be home each day
? Do you need benefits and better pay
? If you are a CDL driver and have 1 year of driver experience
Waste Management may have the perfect opportunity for you! Delivering garbage cans as our Container Delivery driver
may be the start of a very rewarding career for you...learn more! Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. Pay: $16.50 - $21/hr Based on Waste industry experience driving residential trucksNo experience = $16.50
Full benefits!About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.Job Summary
As the Container Driver, you safely operate a heavy-duty crane mounted truck and are responsible for loading, and transporting material containers to/from customer locations. You will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job. Schedule:5 day work week, may include some Saturdays. Start time is 5AM. Average 45-48 hours weekly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Completes site evaluations to ensure locations are conductive for safe and proper servicing.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 1 year(s) of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Hold a current Commercial 'Drivers License (CDL) with an air brake endorsement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane operation. (Some states may requires certification)
- Class A CDL preferred
- All drivers will have a combination of hands on and virtual training
- Route experience a plus
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is located in Homer, GA.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ pounds. and pushing or pulling up to __ pounds on wheels.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/ GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."